The old and the new. A view of the Jewelers building and Trump Tower from Wabash and Madison. Though they look like they are next to each other, they are across the Chicago River from one another.
Central Camera is the oldest camera store in Chicago. It was established in 1899 and is still owned and operated by the same family.
Miller's Pub is the oldest continuing restaurant in Chicago.
Abbot House was built by the founder of Abbot Labs. Poet Carl Sandburg was a frequent visitor as he owned a home down the street.
This is the home Al Capone built for his wife, son, mother, and family in Chicago's Grand Crossing Neighborhood.
When President Lincoln called for troops during the Civil War, the president of the Chicago Board of Trade and the board members put together a horse artillery battery. This monument stands in Rosehill Cemetery.
This plaque sits in the south entrance of the Fine Arts Building. It commemorates the founding of the American Medical Women's Association in 1915. The association is getting ready to celebrate their hundred year anniversary.
The former Continental Bank building (Bank of America) was built in the 1920s. This frieze is in the corner of the building at Jackson and LaSalle. The Swastika was not a symbol of evil until World War II.
Claes Oldenberg "The Flamingo" in Federal Plaza. Mr. Oldenberg was a Chicago born sculpture.
This home sits on the 1300 Block of Washington. Mary Todd Lincoln, wife of the former president resided here when she lived in Chicago.
This mural, for the Donut shop, sits across from the North and Damen Avenue El Stop. It is photograhed by almost every young woman who gets off the El.